The Human Beings t-shirt focuses on being confident in who you are and standing the love of every human being no matter what race, sexual orientation, or gender.
All proceeds will be donated to support the iMOVe Arts Association. In My Own Voice (iMOVe) Arts Association delivers arts and technology-based programs to marginalized youth and adults in their home communities.
In My Own Voice (iMOVe) Arts Association purpose is to:
- Provide arts-based activities that help people heal from trauma including such caused by racism and develop strong self-advocacy skills,
- Help BIPOC people find innovative ways to make a good living to be able to support themselves and their families (including developing culturally relevant learning opportunities about the role co-ops can play in community-based economic development), and
- Encourage and support people to step up as leaders and change-makers in their communities.
In doing this, iMOVe looks to support the people and communities it serves in a ‘holistic’ way that goes beyond the idea even of ‘wrap around’ supports. It starts with support and healing for individuals but also looks to address systemic issues related to:
- the needs of youth at risk,
- intergenerational and child poverty,
- creating more inclusive economic opportunities for BIPOC people and communities,
- and addressing racism by building bridges between government, business, and other organizations to enable more people to understand the challenges racialized and marginalized people and communities face, and the change that is needed to increase equity, inclusion, and justice in a systemic way.