E-bikes purchased at Cyclesmith meet Electrify Nova Scotia's criteria and are eligible for a $500 rebate1.
- The e-bike retails for at least $1,200, inclusive of sales and discounts, but exclusive of taxes and delivery fees.
- The electric motor must be 500 watts or less and be capable of propelling the cycle no faster than 32 km/h on level ground without pedaling.
- The motor must disengage when the operator: (a) stops pedaling, or (b) releases the accelerator or (c) applies a brake.
- The motor cannot be gas- or diesel-powered.
- The e-bike must be capable of being propelled by muscular power using the pedals, but it is not necessary to always be pedaling.
- The vehicle must meet any other conditions in the Motor Vehicle Act and regulations (R.S., c. 293, s. 1).
- One rebate can be claimed per customer per calendar year.
1Rebates are provided on a first-come, first-serve basis and will remain available until the program budget is exhausted or the program is terminated.