The Cyclesmith Advantage
Giving you the best service and selection has been Cyclesmith's focus since 1986. This commitment has established us as the premier bike store in Halifax and Atlantic Canada. We offer the best brands in the industry, with the largest selection of bikes, accessories, and clothing, as well as a full service repair department, a bike fitting studio, and friendly and knowledgeable team. We have the best selection of parts and accessories anywhere in Canada for every type of riding: Road, City, Trails, Touring, and Triathlon. We do it all, and we do it well.
The entire Cyclesmith team looks forward to helping you out with all your cycling needs.
We offer our customers
- A 12,000 square foot retail store
- Free 30 Day tune-up with every new bicycle purchase
- Test rides in our large, safe parking lot behind the store or on quiet neighbourhood streets in Halifax's North End
- Rapid, quality repairs, with a 24–48 hour turnaround time, even in season. We don’t charge extra for this like other shops do
- Barnett Certified Mechanics
- Over 100 bike models on display, with a back stock of over 500 bikes
- Three professionally trained bike fitters on staff
- Flexible layaway and finance programs
- Gift cards in any denomination
- A comprehensive 2-3 hour, 130-point assembly process for each build
- Heated, dry winter bike storage
- Free parking for cars and bikes
- Friendly staff with a passion for cycling and getting more people on the roads and trails
- An exterior 24/7 repair stand with tools and free air compressor to fill your tires
- A commitment to our community
In 1986, after completing a cross Canada cycling trip, Greg Smith established a custom frame building operation on the Halifax waterfront, near Pier 22. Demand for repairs and upgrades soon led to the establishment of a retail location above his father's former insurance company on Quinpool Road.
The showroom and warehouse at 6112 Quinpool Road expanded over the years to house all the bikes and service experts together under one roof, providing customers with a one stop location for all their cycling needs.
In November of 2014, we moved from our beloved Quinpool Road location to Agricola Street in the North End of Halifax. We built an energy efficient location, with loads of free parking, and easy access to our bright and beautiful showroom. Not only were we able to build a better customer experience, but we were able to expand our service area for quicker turnaround time on repairs and maintenance. We incorporated a bike fit studio in the mezzanine and now have a dedicated space for our highly sought after bike fitting experts.
Andrew Feenstra, owner
The bicycle is in my blood. My parents were Dutch immigrants to Canada, so it was only natural that our family embraced cycling. I have competed locally and nationally in the disciplines of road, mountain bike, and Downhill cycling. I have coached many of the top cyclists from Nova Scotia at events including Canada Games, Pan Am Championships, World Championships, and the World Cup. I have sat on countless cycling committees, as former President of Bicycle Nova Scotia (5 years) and a BOD of Cycling Canada, (5 years).
- 1983 – Started working as mechanic at “Ron’s Bicycle Shop” in Dartmouth,NS
- 1984 – Started road racing for “Italia Cycling Club”
- 1985 – Bought my first “real” road racing bike – a Gardin from Toronto.
- 1994 – Hired as a mechanic at Cyclesmith
- 1995 – 1999 – Worked at Cyclesmith (sales, technician, shipping/receiving, and general pencil pusher)
- 2000 – Became co-owner of Cyclesmith
- 2005-2009-2013 – Team NS Canada Games Cycling Head Coach
- 2010 – President, Save the Oval. Fundraised $1.2Million and 10,000 signatures to save the oval (Now known as the Emera Oval)
- 2011 – My daughter, Adyson Drew was born and will begin the succession plan.
- 2016 – Became sole owner of Cyclesmith
- 2016 – My son, Carter Jakob was born and will help his big sister in the family business